Monday, June 28, 2010

Settling In and Spooling Up

This post is overdue, but as a shout-out to friends to whom I've not yet emailed, I've made it to eastern Canada, even if my belongings have not -- yet.

It has been a long journey, from a touching series of farewells in Saint Louis, though the ~1800 mile drive that touched 11 states and 2 provinces.

Though not completely 'settled in' just yet, I am definitely spooling up: I've been at the new gig for over a week now.

Because of the job search and subsequent move, there is a fairly large backlog of ideas for blog posts. We'll see how far I get, but I suspect the next post will be a public service to a distinct niche audience: detailing the aspects of an international move. I'll post some of the facts that I wish I had known when I started.

3 comments:

Kevin said...

I'm glad your trip wasn't (wait for it)... "terminal". Oh, I crack myself up with my PEI humor. So, seriously, your stuff hasn't arrived yet? Did they take it by boat?

Brian Gilstrap said...

It's probably being hand inspected. Those software geeks are sure to bring contraband across the Canadian border... :-)

Michael Easter said...

FWIW, my stuff arrived on July 29. I haven't really inspected the boxes yet, but as it stands, Allied gets a grade of B-