Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Sticker Winners!

Here are the winning entries for the first 'Win A Sticker' contest.

Mike V in St Louis, USA wrote a jaiku (a "Java haiku", a term for which he claims ownership):

Simple in nature, No API required, Gets simple jobs done.

Matthew T in St Louis, USA provided a mini-simulator for a "POJO stick".

Kishore R in Hyderabad, India offered, "POJOs are freedom! A POX on your house, XML!"

Torbjorn E in Oslo, Norway wrote in: "Anything but POJOs on my MOBO? Are you loco?"

Neal Gafter, author of Java Puzzlers and ambassador in the Java community, sent in (*):

POJOs have some mojo, but I *heart* closures.

Congratulations to the winners!

(*) Did not actually send in such entries -- but if they contact me at codetojoy @t gmail, I'll send them a sticker anyway.

ps. Several people have asked: yes, indeed, Eric received a sticker for coining the original phrase.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Would 'I *heart* immutable POJOs' look weird on my mini-van" - B.G. is too funny